Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dutch Dare # 18: A christmas card

It's been a crazy week around here. Ron is home for a week now fighting his viral infection. a lot of his muscles are infected and hurt like .... There are no medicine for this, just resting and some painkillers. The girls are behaving as usual.... very busy when they get home from school.
And on top of it they've admitted my mum into the hospital last Tuesday. (It's the 8th or 9th time in a year so we make little jokes about it. For example: On Holliday again, it's a nice hotel you're staying in. And Wauw mum, thank you for waiting untill after my b-day (last year she and my mother in law where both in the hospital a my birthday).
Because I also work every Tuesday- and Wednesday night the days are a few hours short. This morning I wanted to make a post for the new challenge on the Dutch Dare blog and also on mine, what do you think: internet doesn't work, arghhh!!!!
*******
But finally I can catch up with everything.
This weeks challenge over at the Dutch Dare is to make a christmascard.
The DT girls did make some fabulous cards, and there's also a very cute stamp as a prize this week. So make sure to check it out.
Here's the card I made for the Challenge.
It's one in not so traditional christmas colours: Pink and black, but I really love the combination of those colours.



Card details:

Papers: Bazzill Cardstock, DP from DCWV

Stamp: a very cute Magnolia, sentiment made on the computer

Technique: Pro-Markers and stickles on the wings

Embellishments: Flowers from Prima, brad from Dovecraft, Cuttlebugfilefolder Swiss Dots, Nestabillities and the little stars are from a local Dutch Shop called Zeeman.

I really hope the peace and quiet will return pretty soon so I can visit all your great blogs on a daily base, instead once a week.

Have a nice evening,

xoxo Karin

13 comments:

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, Karin what a wonderful Work, the Papers and colors are so gorgeous. Cute Image and your coloring is brilliant......Love the Flowers with the Brad.......

Hugs
Heike

Jill said...

aww Karin this is gorgeous love the colours Jill x

Mada said...

I LOVE this card. I saw it on the Dutch Dare website and admired it a lot.
It is so bright, colourful and happy. Great colouring and papers and that flower is gorgeous.

I am so sorry to hear that your dear ones are having health problems. I have you all in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Many hugs,
Mada

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Karin, your card is gorgeous and love the pretty colours and cute image, I'm so sorry to hear Ron is still not well and your dear Mum is back in hospital. Wishing everyone well, Hugs, Nikki x

DawnMarie said...

Beautiful card, hope your mum get better soon.x

CraftyC said...

Your card is fab. Hope everyone is back on the road to recovery very soon!
Clairex

V Colbourne said...

Fabby card Karin! Sending you and your family my best wishes for speedy recoveries :)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, hope Ron feels better soon and your Mum gets well too and is home from the hospital soon.

clare said...

cute card..very girly..love the pink my fav colour..lol
hugs to your mum hope she well soon xxx
take care clarexx

Annie said...

such a cute Christmas card, and love her in pink and black. I do hope your family are on the mend, there seem to be so many virus and bugs around at the moment. hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I really love the papers. Best wishes for you and your family!

Hugs Vanja

Nixe-Moni said...

Hi Karin, what a gorgeous christmas card with great colours and details. Love it!!!
Wish you a great weekend :)
Big Hugs
Moni

Bev said...

Wonderful card Karin, the image is so sweet. Pretty colours too

hugs Bev x