Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dutch Dare Challenge #57: Christmas in August

Goodmorning everyone,
it's been a very busy week sofar. Last week of the vacation and there were a lot of things we still had to do. Monday I took the girls to a playground not far from our home. We have plenty of playgrounds next to our house, but none of them have swings. Tuesday we spend all day at the flea market selling old toys. So funny, we spend all day selling old toys and at the end of the flea market we ended up in the toy store buying new toys of the money we've earned.
Yesterday we cleaned up the girls bedroom and playroom (there are stilll enough toys in it to call it a toystore) and today we have to make preparations for Ruby's birthdayparty. Her birthday isn't untill August 22nd but she's celebrating it with her friends tommorrow.

Because we've been so very busy there wasn't much time for crafting and I had to make my card for the DDCC this morning.

This weeks challenge on the Dutch Dare Cards Challenge:

CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST

I already saw other challengeblogs doing this challenge, so if you participate in all of them you should have a nice number of christmas cards ready by December.

Here's what I came up with.



Don't forget to join us tonight at another Scrap Online over at Paper Craft Planet. We will be making a card online. There's a discussion posted with the supplies you'll be needing and starting 7.30 PM -London Time- I will help you create a card, by posting pictures of every step.

Thanks for stopping by today,
xoxo Karin

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a great card Karin. I love the surprised look on the little guys face. Stop by my blog and join in on my blog candy.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Desire Fourie said...

What a lovely Xmas card with such cheery colours.
Hugs
Desire

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, what a wonderful image and papers.
luv
Debby

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Super cute card Karin! You're getting me nostalgic for Christmas!

stephanne said...

I am happy to see Christmas challenges, with all the cute stamps out there, it's hard to stay focused, Christmas comes around and nothing is ready, so YAY challenge blogs!!

Love your card, the image is CUTE, they look like they are going FAST!!! Your papers and poinsettias are gorgeous and I love how you've framed the image!!
Thank you for coming and visiting my entry!!

Take care,
Stephanne