Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dutch Dare Challenge #37: a sketch

Goodmorning everyone,
a quick post today, because in 20 minutes I have to drag myself to the dentist. If it was just for a check-up it wouldn't be so bad, but I have a big problem with one of my molars. In the back of my mouth I have just a half molar, so they put over a crown (don't know if I translated that correctly). Now there's a whole inderneath it and has to be repaired. They explained what they are going to do, and only the thought of it makes me really sick. Yesterday I almost called them to cancel the appointment. But I have to go someday and decided to be a big girl and just go.
This week we have a great sketch made by Cathy for you on the Dutch Dare.
when I saw the sketch for the first time I really thought I couldn't do it, because there are so many details. But when I got started the card was finished in the blink of an eye.
The stamp I used is from a small set of stamps from Kars, and the papers are from Daisy Bucket and Bo-Bunny.

Thanks for stopping by today and please keep your fingers crossed for me.
xoxo Karin

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the papers and colours. Good Luck at the Dentist.

Nixe-Moni said...

Oh Karin, what a gorgeous card! Love the bright colours and the papers are fab too.
Have a great day :)
Big Hugs
Moni

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Mooi hoor prachtige papier zo gecombineerd.Succes vandaag,
Gr Agnes

Riet said...

wat een prachtig kaartje weer Karin.

liefs Riet.

Juana Elena said...

Hello,hermosa tarjeta,saluditos......

Annie said...

I hope all has gone well at the dentist today. love the bright cheerful colours on this card and the cute image. hugs, annie x

sandra_w said...

Super mooi kaartje, Karin! Heerlijke kleurtjes....;)

Liefs,
San

nessy said...

beautiful card ~so pretty!!
hope all went well today ~good for you being so brave!
vanessa xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Karin, such a pretty card love the image and the beautiful papers and colour scheme. Big Hugs Nikki x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Karin! Love the cheery colors and the cute image with the greeting. TFS!

M@ureen said...

Mooi kaartje Karin!
En hoe was het bij de tandarts? Viel het een beetje mee?

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautiful Karin. I am sure Cathy will be proud of your interpretation of her sketch. The colour combo is so lovely light and fresh. Hugs from Desire

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Karin!!

I hope everything went well at the dentist today!!

Hugs, Kelly

scotspanda said...

gorgeous cards this week hun, love the mermaid one she is just gorgeous :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

De Ruijsbroekjes said...

ik hoop van harte dat je de tandarts overleeft hebt ! Ik ben ok niet beppaald een held op dat gebied, begrijp helemaal hoe je je moest voelen..wat heerlijk dat het vrijag is..dan is het voorbij !!

Geweldige kaart Karin, echt super !

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

You did a wonderful job Karin!

Your Daughters Ruby and Britt are so cute!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Marna said...

Lovelly card. But the inscription is the best! :)

Kim Etherington said...

I love the bright spring colours. Spring is so needed this year! I love the teacup. I love tea!